Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ringing a change


Right, it's about 3 weeks before we move into our new building and I reckon it's time to get going on resolution no. 5, "Leave a Legacy of Institutionalized Tea Time at KIPAC". I found this shiny ship's bell on eBay and am about to get our admin to order it for us - she, and the rest of the staff and postdocs think its a jolly good idea for us to be able to make a (big!) pot of tea and then summon everyone within earshot to come and drink it, at 4pm, every day. Still not sure how well it'll catch on with the yanks but I am feeling pretty optimistic.

Quite by chance David just came round looking stressed because the bigwig signed up to write this month's commentary column (in the national lab magazine David edits) just pulled out. We came up with the idea of a piece on the importance of tea-time in research, and he then furiously ghost-wrote it in the hour before the print deadline. Here it is!

"There is no problem so great or grave
that cannot be much diminished
by a nice cup of tea."
Bernard-Paul Heroux

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Phil! I can't seem to add a post. Do you have to permit me? I'll work out my resolutions in the meantime...

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home