Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lethal running shoes

On the way home to Santa Barbara I bought some new running shoes that I intend to kill Jeremy with. I ran 3 miles on Monday, down to the pier and back, and he hated it. Its a nice route - as I get fitter I'd like to make it to the end of the pier.
Anyway, I also measured the tubby one so that I can compare him now with his shrivelled corpse at th eend of the year. Subtracting off what I consider to be my own weight, Jeremy is weighing in at 7 pounds. The weight of a newborn child - coincidence? Its interesting to imagine not have to carry him round on a 3 mile run - I expect it will feel liberating.
Jeremy seems to be distributed round three sides of my waist: sucking him in reduces my girth by 3 inches to 34 inches. Since I aim not to go up a trouser size, he'd better not spread any lower as he feels the effects of my gastrocidal attacks. Watch this space - I'm taking him to play tennis on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home