Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Prodigal SON

SON as in, Sept., Oct., Nov.
Well, it's been a whirlwind for me. I'm now officially a student teacher. I'm filling the minds of the next generation with as much nonsense as I can think up on the spot.

1. Trust your instincts
Teaching is pretty much following your instincts (and a well-honed plan, of course) all-day everyday. 'Er! Excuse me, boy. What do you think you're doing?'

2. Write something else
Lots of essay writing, lesson planning and note-taking on the Reformation, Thomas Beckett and Civil Rights, but nothing original... it's in my head though. I've also done quite a bit for the upcoming Macbeth.

3. Find a career - DONE

4. Look after my back
Hmmm. No matter what I do it seems to get worse. I'm swimming a bit more regularly now, but somehow the aches and pains just wont go away. Still, marching around a classroom is much better than slouching in an office chair. 'Sit on your chair properly, thank you.'

5. Eat healthily
I've certainly been eating lots of great food. But maybe a little too much of the fattening stuff - curries, cakes and coffee (does that fatten you?). Perhaps I should amend this one for next year to Enjoy eating. Now THAT's an achievable goal.

I'm into my 30th year now guys, it's a year of mega parties and a fabulous holiday for me and Lucy - 5 weeks paid leave... (for her anyway, if she doesn't quit before then!) So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home