Thursday, January 06, 2011

Phil K's 2011 Resolutions

Seven is a mystical and a powerful number: the Buddha took seven first steps, there are seven branches to a menorah, and there are "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" in René Depestre's "A Rainbow for the Christian West".

So, I offer you my seven resolutions for 2011. Police them with me please :)

1. Get up at 6am Monday – Friday (and do some writing, reading, sit-ups, push-ups, or some other kind of exercise).

2. Eat breakfast every morning.

3. Exercise at least three times per week: cycle on Sunday mornings, run on Thursday evenings, and go to the gym before work once a week.

4. No alcohol Monday – Wednesday

5. Read at least 10 pages of a book every day.

6. Don’t take my iPhone to bed. Ever.

7. Make my lunch every work day. Taking a bowl of ready-made soup and a packet of bread rolls or bagels to work will not contravene this resolution.

6 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

I wonder if I should change the lunch one to making lunch a minimum of four times per week ... how else will I ever be able to meet you at Pie Minister, Phil?

7:20 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Yes. Please change this! Although - when the weather is nice we can just meet outside somewhere nice and eat our sandwiches! Your exercise one is good, I could do with something like that. Maybe not quite as Iron Man though. BTW I am up every day at 6 in the week too - we just mustn't get sidetracked like we are doing now ;-)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

OK, resolution number 7 is hereby changed to a minimum of four times per week!

7:27 AM  
Blogger T said...

Seven colours of the rainbow
Seven deadly sins
Seven swans-a-swimming
...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love number 4!

But - and not wishing to put a spanner in your 7 theme here - what about living in the here and now and not thinking about the future till Tara's birthday? Is that just a given?!

Great to see you again at new year - and to meet Tara and the beautiful Georgia. Hope to so it again soon.

J

11:18 AM  
Blogger T said...

Yeh Phil where's the not worrying abou thte future one??!! is it too hard?

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home