Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tara's 2010

Hi Everyone, happy new year!
This year I think I'm going to keep things a bit more simple! Here we go...

Numero Uno!
watch LESS TV ... Yes this is actually a bit of an addiction problem for me! I'd rather not know every song the X-factor contestants have ever sung, or how to dog train my non existent dog, or what clothes I should be wearing if i was a middle aged 'slightly' overweight lady.... The only exception I'm going to make is for LOST season 6 bring it on! yey! can't wait! ( i hope this is not my downfall!)

Dos - A:
Get to work before 9.30am! (oh its a hard life being an academic I know!!) - but this is a 2 pronged resolution, if I get to work early, then I can leave early so ...

Dos - B:
Leave work early (ie before 6.30pm and therefore do 8h day!)

Tres:
Boring one ... write some research papers .. but yes I really ought to be writing a few more!

Quatro:
Do more quality things with my free time, this actually links with watching less TV - in the evenings go see friends, go to cinema, plan to do things at the weekend etc!

Cinco:
Grow some lovely flowers and vegetables in my garden! Right now its -5 degrees with about 20cm of snow!! (yes that's quite exciting isn' it!) but basically I can't dig, so as soon as it warms up I'm going to plant some GARLIC! yummm! and other things that I haven't decided on yet will keep you posted!

Is that more simple?? I'm not sure, but there we go anyway!

Are people interested on how I got on last year? Maybe I'll comment on my last years resolutions... just incase!
Txx

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

This is a good solid set - I like how you first free up time with #1 and #2, and then make good use of it in #3, #4 and #5 (although ideally you wouldn't be writing papers instead of watching TV!). I am looking forward to helping you with #4 in October very much! :-)

2:33 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

PS. Hooray for yellow words!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Good resolutions Tara!

Has season 2 of The Wire got us off to a bad start though ? ;)

And yes, yellow words rock!

11:19 AM  
Blogger T said...

yes it has but season 2 of the wire is GREAT!
(oh dear!)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

We have pretty similar ones - therefore they are excellent Tara! Any advice for a north facing terrace? I was hoping to grow herbs but think they might need sunshine...as do I...

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home