Friday, June 02, 2006

I May yet amount to something

This has been a turnaround month for me. Resolutions 1 and 3 came into alignment, eclipsing most others, though I've tried.

Coming to a pit of despair, staring down it and breathing in the fumes, I came to a realisation sometime in late April/early May: I should be teaching for a living.

I agree with Phil (see below) that teaching is a rewarding and challenging career, and I've decided it'll beat the hell out of rotting my brain at a computer in an industry I don't admire nor want to progress in. So.

Lucy wangled me a place at interview for the last remaining gap on the PGCE History course at Bristol Uni, the Thomas magic worked its charms, and I'm starting in September...

Good luck me.

As for eating well, and looking after the back, these have been pressed to the margins recently with the pressure of two other commitments. One is some freelance writing work, so appeasing Resolution 2, the other is playing the role of Paul Bratter in Barefoot in the Park:



But I think I can be forgiven for finally solving Resolution 3 once and for all. Well, at least until the little B*st*rds obliterate my confidence and I quit to become a desk monkey again.

Richard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home