Thursday, January 22, 2009

At last, some Python

So I've learnt some Python, and written a cool clock. Yay for me.
Anyone who is interested can take a look; it's in the link. You'll need
pygame installed as python, and it's been 'tested' on ubuntu and Windows XP.

I'm quite impressed with how easily I've managed to get a cross-platform
graphical application working. That was the idea though!

I know my resolution to learn Python and qt, but qt designer looked too interactive for producing this. That'll be the next project.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

ooh, you are WAY ahead of me. Other things keep getting in the way at work - and I'd rather not have python as a hobby... Are you documenting your progress? Just thought I might benefit from your trail blazing...

1:08 AM  
Blogger Will Grainger said...

I'm keeping all the useful bookmarks together
in firefox[1], so "kind of" documenting it. I hate the interactive bit, so all my code gets saved. Also my Euler Project solutions are all saved in separate directories; when they get slightly harder than 'generate a list of primes' each directory will probably have a number of experiments in it...

This cheat sheet is useful:
http://codesyntax.netfirms.com/lang-python.htm

[1] I use the foxmarks addon, so I can sync my work bookmarks with my laptop's. Also, I have three virtual machines, a linux partition and a windows XP partition. Foxmarks syncs them all together. Recommended.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home