Friday, January 09, 2009

A confession

Bless me, blog, for I have sinned...

I've failed on the drinking water thing. It's too easy at work to just drink Coke and coffee. I think I need to get a water bottle; just refilling Coke bottles doesn't work.

I've also failed, big time, on clearing my games backlog - I bought a Wii. Admittedly it was a present for my wife, and the games (Wii Sports etc.) aren't really story driven, so there is no real end point. So it's not really adding to a backlog, just taking up time that should be used to clear the backlog.

The not drinking booze one. Ah. Well, it was my wife's birthday, so we went to the pub. So that scuppered that one. And I did order some more malt extract and a wine kit for homebrewing. It's not against the letter of my resolution, but it will end up putting more temptation in my way. Maybe I'll resist and be a better person...

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

It was always going to be a long, uphill road to redemption, my son. In each of your three confessions there's an answer: buy a water bottle this weekend, on the day that you opt out of drinking (you are one day in the red!), and postpone the backlog while you get on with the (higher-rated) resolution of spending more non-laptop time with Claire!

BTW, how much money is in the boozejar now?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home