Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Driving Range


I made some progress on a resolution this weekend by first spending my birthday money (thanks Gill, Brian and Auntie Jean!) on a second-hand set of golf clubs, and then ging to the driving range and hitting 100 balls on Sunday. Having the clubs will a) save me $30 a time in rentals(!) when I play at the Santa Barbara course, and b) remind me I should be playing (at least) 4 rounds this year. I have 3 golfing chums here, two of them went with me on Sunday. We are comparably inept, although Eli can hit the ball much further than Patrick and me. We decided that in April (when Patrick has finished teaching) we would bunk off school one morning and play a round. Watch this space.

PS. On Monday I got a late birthday parcel from another aunt, Shirley: it contained a gold towel, driving gloves and a bag of tees! Game on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeans! Ripped indeed, on the range! My dear old thing, I don't think that sort of attire would be accepted back at the Royal and Ancient - I'd like to see you in some plus fours though...plaid naturally

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I have to agree with Paul - really, I think you need to invest in some smarter trousers if you are going to play golf in Santa Barbara of all places. But pretty good going.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice evidence of golfing, how about a picture of you in golfing action though. Anyone can stand in front of a Golf Club sign and have their picture taken.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home