Thursday, February 19, 2009

Breaking my silence: some progress, some regression ...

Okay, so, let me get my excuses in first: the last few weeks have been a bit of a logistical nightmare - I've been living an itinerant lifestyle lately, house sitting for a week, lodging somewhere else for a few weeks and then moving on again. I'm about to regain control though - this weekend Tara and I are moving into a house in Headington :)

Despite the disruption, I've been enjoying triathlon training again (resolution 1) - I've been swimming regularly with the club and running at least once a week. Things I had forgotten about swimming: it really does make you smell of chlorine all day and it IS bad for you hair ... oh well.

Resolution 2 (study harder) is something of a disaster at the moment though! I've been doing the bare minimum on my course. I got my Christmas exam results back yesterday - I passed (much to Tara's relief!) but I could certainly do with a bit more motivation for the rest of the course!

Ironically, my self-study course of reading and studying Capital Volume 1 (Res. 3) has been going really well. So far I'm finding it to be a wonderful book - it's not quite like anything I've read before. I'm also enjoying David Harvey's online lectures on Capital rather more than I am enjoying real life lectures on Equity and Trusts ... be strong Phil!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Headington eh? Nice! Send me your address when you get it, glad to hear you are getting settled. Will come and visit in July! Good to live up a hill - you can freewheel to lectures, gown blowing Oxford-style, then sprint uphill at the end of the day for your exercise, knowing there's a shower at the end of it.
Congrats on the exam results old boy - keep 'em coming!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home