Thursday, January 06, 2011

Phil's 2011 Resolutions

Right then, here we go - I got a little bit of stick over the holidays for padding my lists in the last few years with things I was either doing already or were too easy. So, this year I've only got 6 resolutions, and they are only repeats in the cases where I utterly failed last year!

1. Don't Miss A Single Deadline. I was looking for a way to cut down the number of projects I work on, and to get more achievement per unit time - and then a new collaborator explained to me in November how he makes it a rule not to miss deadlines, ever. He just doesn't do it. So this year, neither will I! Hopefully this will make me take on fewer tasks, and allow me to finish the ones I have started.

2. Play 4 Rounds Off 36. I still want to play more golf, and get better at it, and so this one gets recycled from last year when I didn't make it onto the actual course once. My mate Chris plays regularly in Oxford so hopefully this should make things easier.

3. Get To 32" Waist And Stay There I bought a pair of 32" jeans in the autumn, as usual, and they don't fit! Gah. More football, less frying.

4. Master Soups and Salads. I now have a blender, and suddenly I don't have to buy soup any more! Non-leftover soup is still to come though - but I like soup so much it'll be fun. Salads will be less fun, but they are good for me, and should help with #3. And right now I don't really know how to make any of them.

5. Jump Out Of Bed. I used to be good at this, but lost the knack since moving to this blasted cold country. Just need a bit more motivation. Having said this, I am writing these from bed. Ahem.

6. Have More People Round To Dinner Than Jen. Haha! Bring it on, sis!

3 Comments:

Blogger T said...

hello!
I'm looking forward to number 6!
For number 5 you could try an alarm clock with no sleep mode (if you can even buy them these days!)
I think we can help be the judge of whether or not you have 'mastered soups and salads' when you carry out number 6!
1 is good,
2 sounds fun!
3 always good to get rid of Jezzer!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Dammit, you did post first after all, thought it was odd you'd only given us the rules without your resolutions. I take back my comment on number 2. But I count brunches/lunches too. You'll storm ahead whichever but I should at least increase my chances of staying in the game.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Good stuff, Phil. I have told you this before, but salad is basically my favourite food. Perhaps you need to see salad not as something that is good for you and that you should eat, but just as a really tasty plate of food?

Two tips for doing so:

1. Buy good quality tomatoes. Cheap tomatoes taste of nothing, especially in England. Tomatoes are pretty much my favourite thing to eat.

2. Add soft cheeses, raisins, sultanas, nuts, seeds, garlic, onion, tuna, stale bread soaked in olive oil, and meat to your salads (not all in the same salad, mind you).

Have fun!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home