Monday, January 05, 2009

Will's introduction

Hello,
Just in case some people don't know me, I'm Will. I'm an astro person like Phil (we met in Cambridge, all those years ago) but more on the building hardware side.

I've "just" (6 months ago) moved to Wales after 4 years in NYC. My two kids are 3 and 4.5, I'm very happily married. Every year I make some half hearted New Years' resolutions, and keep to them for about 2 weeks. I'm joining this blog so that I can actually fix this!

I remember a friend telling me a couple of years ago that humans keep habits if they do them for more than 6 weeks. (Obviously this doesn't count for addictive things.) So I just need to keep in the habit of
  • posting here
  • following my resolutions
for two months to really cement them into my lifestyle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Hi Will! That's great, nice to see you on here. Are you playing for time or something?!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

whatever, i like this thread! i'm a 4th year graduate student at UC-Santa Barbara in computer engineering. i'll hopefully be graduating this year. i lived on the east coast (richmond, VA and then princeton, NJ) until i moved here, and have been enjoying the sun, the outdoors, and the ocean! i know phil through my 3 housemates who are in physics.

i'm not sure if i've ever made a new years resolution before. probably, but only half-heartedly. and does it tell you anything that i can't recall any?

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home