Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ooof. Pas beaucoup de progres.

I think the fact I have to cut and paste the resolutions is a sign that I have not really internalised them yet, let along implemented them.

1. If you are going to do it/work/go, just do it/work/go. Not gone yet. Have ruminated long and hard till my head (still) hurts. And realised the way to go is not to open up as many options as you can so that choices are hard, nigh on impossible. Focus on the goal and just go. So I will. Soon. Honest.

2. Spend less. Going quite well. Only went to evil supermarket twice in the last 5 weeks. Am taking home made lunches. Refused outings to the divine but dastardly-for-the-budget Japanese restaurant.

3. Get out and exercise to feel good, energetic, productive and healthy. I walked 6 km on Sunday and this evening. Not bad. Now got to keep it up and work up to actually burning some calories by running. Can't overdo it.

4. Get out into the fresh air and out of urban life. Have a plan for a weekend away next weekend on the beach and walking. If we leave now, we might just make it there through the traffic.

5. Change my job. See 1.

6. Send more personal, thoughtful gifts to important god children, family and friends. Does receiving them from them count?

7. Improve my mind. I choose to read jeune afrique. I immersed myself in Eat Pray Love (ladies will know what I am talking about) to think about my balance. But this one needs work. Less facebook is the anti version of this. And if my mind was improved I'd know the word I am searching for for this...

8. Visit India and Nepal. Negative progress as Margie heading back to Dakar. Just India would be a very very good start.

9. Do something to actively campaign on issues that I believe in. I signed petitions against the war in Gaza. As should everyone in their right mind.

10. Life is too short: have fun and be happy. According to the aforementioned ladies book, Balinese meditation involves smiling so much that you are 'smiling in your liver'. I might have made it to my oesophagus. A way to go yet...

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Jen, I don't think you are doing too badly! Nos. 1 and 5 are so big that getting them sorted has to take priority. tara was in a simlar situation - you have 10 more months to fulfil the others! Re 6, I see that you have 9 days to exploit the wondrous array of US interenet shopping sites! ;-) Have fun walking on the beach!

PS. I believe you just posted without commenting! Bad form.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home